Aaron Rodgers is showing off his mysterious new arm tattoo and we broke it, but maybe not

Aaron Rodgers is showing off his mysterious new arm tattoo and we broke it, but maybe not




Four months ago, Aaron Rodgers signed a brutal new contract extension with The Packers, but he may not have any of that money left because he seems to have spent it all on a tattoo.


For the first time in his life, the Packers quarterback is wearing a tattoo and took to social media on Wednesday to reveal what his first and currently only tattoo looks like. The only thing I can say about it is that it is as mysterious as it is detailed.



I could try to describe the tattoo here, but I think it would be a lot easier if I just showed you a picture.


Hungarian tattoo artist Balazs Bercsenyi.


According to Rodgers, each part of a complex tattoo has a special meaning for him.


"There is a deep, meaningful story and connection to every element of this artwork, and I'll share more about that today," Rodgers wrote on Instagram.


Since it could take months, or even years, before Rodgers would share the meaning of the tattoo, I thought it made sense to go ahead and find out now. I've read "The DaVinci Code" twice, so I feel qualified to find out.


This is what I've found so far:


The meaning behind the two lions. That's easy. This obviously means Rodgers will defeat the Lions twice this year, and he's pretty sure he even has tattoos on his body. You can't get a lot of ink and lose it, so I think the combined end result of these two games would be 95-3. Lions could be Rodgers' way of telling us he has lions, which makes sense since he already has bears.



I guess what I'm trying to say here is that the Lions mean they now have two teams in NFC North. It is a reasonable theory.


The meaning behind the body of water. Below the two lions is a circle with a body of water, and I wouldn't even try to figure it out because this guy already has it. This body of water is clearly leading somewhere.



You can laugh at Rodgers' tattoo now, but no one will laugh when the whole world finally collapses and his tattoo is the only thing that can get us to the last bit of solid ground.


The meaning behind the eye that sees everything. My guess here is that Rodgers included the all-seeing eye in his tattoo design to let fans know he wants his $150 million contract to be paid in full in dollar bills. It's the only thing that makes sense. The one dollar coin has a panoramic look on the reverse side. Rodgers has one on his tattoo. It was easy to find.


However, I think it's also possible that his tattoo is Rodgers' way of letting us know he's the star of the new "National Treasure" series on Disney Plus. I mean, it can't be a coincidence that he revealed his tattoo on the same day the show's logo was announced, and the logo has a prominent eye.



For all we know, Rodgers' tattoo could lead to the next hidden treasure.


The meaning behind the bow is above all eye sight. Rodgers' zodiac sign is Sagittarius (born on December 2nd), so I think it makes sense to include the sign of Sagittarius, but I don't. Very predictable, there is one more thing. There is something here that I don't see. What I do not see. As soon as I understand, I will tell you.

Comments