Nick Kyrgios calls rival Stefanos Tsitsipas "evil" and "thug"

Nick Kyrgios calls rival Stefanos Tsitsipas evil and thug




Stefanos Tsitsipas said Nick Kyrgios has a "evil side" to his personality after losing to the Australian in a controversial match at Wimbledon on Saturday.


Kyrgios beat Tsitsipas in four sets - 6-7 (2) 6-4 6-3 7-6 (7) - in a contentious and action-packed match at Court One, but the duo continued to fight after the match. press conferences

Tsitsipas was frustrated by Kyrgios' "continuous bullying" over the net and attempted to hit his opponent with a shot during the heated confrontation.

Kyrgios, who was outspoken the whole time, was warned for cursing him by the referee and angry when Tsitsipas was not disqualified for kicking a ball into the crowd out of frustration.

"Yes, he bullies all the time, that's what he does. He bullies his opponents. Maybe he was a bully himself at school. I don't like bullies," Tsitsipas told reporters after the match.

“I don’t like people who degrade others. He also has good qualities in his personality. But he also has a very evil side that, if revealed, can cause great harm to the people around him.”


Nick Kyrgios calls rival Stefanos Tsitsipas evil and thug


Kyrgios, who made headlines at Wimbledon for his daring and daring shots, mocked his opponents' comments as "sweet".

He previously said that he had a lot of respect for the Greek player when he was asked in court right after the match.

"I don't know what to say. I don't know how to scare him. He's the one who hit me with balls, he's the one who hit the spectator, he's the one who hit him off the field," he said. He told reporters after qualifying for the round of 16.

"I didn't do anything disrespectful to Stefanos today. I didn't dig him up with balls. Coming here and saying I was afraid of him is just sweet. We're not cut from the same cloth. I'm up against men who are the real competitors."

"I have a lot of friends in the locker room, just so you know. I'm actually one of the friendliest. I'm ready for it. It's not cool. Let's just say that there."

Tsitsipas later apologized for kicking a ball into the crowd and admitted trying to kick Kyrgios.

"I'm not used to playing this way," he said. "But I can't just sit there and act like a robot and act like a totally ignorant and cold person.

"Because you're doing your job outside and you hear noise from the other side of the stadium for no reason at all.

“Every point I played today felt like something was going on on the other side of the grid.


Nick Kyrgios calls rival Stefanos Tsitsipas evil and thug


"It's his way of manipulating the opponent and making you feel distracted in a way. No other player does that. I really hope every player thinks of something and makes a cleaner version of him in our sport, and has this kind of behavior that is unacceptable, disallowed, unreasonable." allowed.

Kyrgios, who will face American Brandon Nakashima in the next round, said Tsitsipas should be more interested in finding a way to beat him.

"I would be very upset if I lost to someone two weeks in a row. Maybe he should know how to beat me two more times first," the Australian added.

Comments