Valerie Bertinelli after her second divorce

Valerie Bertinelli says she is happy to spend the rest of her life alone after her second divorce




Valerie Bertinelli is living her best life as a single woman.



The 62-year-old Food Network star and actress filed for divorce from husband Tom Vitale on May 12, citing "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the divorce in California Superior Court documents in Los Angeles obtained by USA TODAY.


Valerie Bertinelli says she is happy to spend the rest of her life alone after her second divorce



Bertinelli opened up about the divorce during an appearance on Thursday's "Today" show, explaining that she is not open to a future romance.


Valerie Bertinelli says she is happy to spend the rest of her life alone after her second divorce



"I will be more than happy to be divorced and spend the rest of my life alone. I will be happy this way," she told anchor Hoda Kotb.


Valerie Bertinelli says she is happy to spend the rest of her life alone after her second divorce



After 11 years of 'yes': Valerie Bertinelli files for divorce from Tom Vitale, citing 'irreconcilable differences'


"Well, with my six cats, my dog, my son, and hopefully my grandchildren one day," he added. Bertinelli and her late ex-husband Eddie Van Halen are the parents of 31-year-old musician Wolfgang Van Halen (also known as Wolfie).


When asked by the Food Network star if she's open about future relationships, she said, "Oh, my God, no."


"Because of the challenges I'm facing now, because divorce is a miserable thing," Bertinelli explained. "I can't imagine trusting someone again for letting them into my life. So I have some trust issues that I'm sure I need to address."


The alum married Vitaly “One Day at a Time” in January 2011. After nearly nine years of marriage, they separated in December 2019 and filed for legal separation in November 2021.


Valerie Bertinelli says she is happy to spend the rest of her life alone after her second divorce


'Love Isn't a Big Enough Word': Valerie Bertinelli on Eddie Van Halen, wrote a book on 'Healing'


Court documents said the couple entered into a prenuptial agreement in December 2010 that was "fully valid, fully effective and fully binding on both parties". Vitali and Bertinelli have no children together.


The "Valerie's Home Cooking" star spoke to USA TODAY in January and spoke candidly about her relationship with rock singer Van Halen and the issues plaguing her second marriage, which are documented in her memoir, "Enough is Enough: Learn to love as I Today."


Bertinelli refers to Van Halen in the book as his "soul mate," but he is not alone. “I think we know the spirits we're supposed to work with together,” he says, explaining that he believes part of the couple's goal is to bring their only child into the world.


The Power of Female Friendships: Kelly Clarkson Tells Girls How Her Friends Really Helped Her Overcome Divorce


"I don't feel loved more than anyone else," she said of her late ex-husband. "I just feel a connection with Ed that I've never felt with anyone else."


Bertinelli began writing the book just weeks after the guitarist died on October 6, 2020, after a long battle with cancer.


During his appearance on "Today," he noted that the biggest lesson he learned from Van Halen is "love."


"No matter what you're going through, you can always find your way back to love and forgiveness," Bertinelli said. "And we were able to do that with gratitude. I wish he hadn't died after that. It would have been nice to spend more time with him. But yeah, he was grateful we did."


'Life Lately': Kaley Cuoco confirms she's dating Tom Belfry with PDA photos

Comments